Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Frankly Speaking

After reading Bill Rini's recent post about the Barney Frank Hearing, I decided to watch the video he posted. I was surprised when the video actually loaded on my work computer, as more often than not, they do not (what with big brother in all its glory). It was near the end of the day and I was caught up with most of my work, so I decided to hunker down and watch a few minutes. I had to take a deep gulp when I looked at the length of the video and found it to be over 2 hours. Yikes!

I watched about 30 minutes at work and then resolved to watch the remainder when I got home. Surprisingly, when I got home, ChickJax sat down with me and watched some of it as well. Her taking a minor interest in such a boring video and discussion (relatively speaking...for those not concerned about the UIGEA), was really cool. Thanks babe!


If you have no idea what the UIGEA (Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act) is, you might want to start here before reading on or watching the video.

What follows are my thoughts on the subject, having watched the entire 2+ hour video.

~ Though Frank is rather lispy and hard to understand at times, his arguments are absolutely spot on and his points do just that...get to the point.

~ Congressman Bachus, the opposition if you will, is truly a bungling halfwit. His testimony was not only riddled with inaccuracies, his delivery was embaressing. I don't care if you are for or against the UIGEA, I believe after watching his poor excuse of a speech, you would agree that he did not help his cause. His comments regarding the Full Tilt website, while questioning Radley Balko, were absolutely tarded. Not to mention his holier than thou facial expressions while spewing such tripe. While I believe everyone who takes an interest in the UIGEA should find the time to watch this video, if you watch nothing else, check out minutes 1:22:15 through 1:30:00 to see what a fucktard Bachus truly is.

~ I was extremely impressed with the testimony of the witnesses who were advocates of Frank's bill. Overall I think everyone did a great job, though the Congressman from Florida was a little over-the-top at times. Balko impressed me and the representative from Aristotyle, speaking on age verification, was thorough and articulate.

~ That's it, now go watch the video.

On a total side note, I've actually gotten a couple of emails about my previous post. Folks, if you can't smell that infantile humor from a mile away, you need help. I was not serious, nor am I serious on this blog very often. These days I'm not very funny either, so soak it up. That post was just another in the line of, "if I worked for the onion" style posts. For those that don't know about The Onion, get your asses over there now.

posted by TripJax @ 11:57 AM,

3 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger KajaPoker said...

What? You mean to tell me normal humans can't take 8lbs. dumps? I need to go see a doctor. like, right now!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Buddy Dank said...

I'm interested in buying the poop. Do you know how I can contact the janitor who kept it?
Thanks in advance.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

did people think you were serious...post some of the responses I'm curious to see what they gave u flak for...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home