Check It: CineJax | ScriptJax |

 



Medicated To The One I Love

It will indeed come as a suprise to many of my readers that I enjoy a frosty adult beverage every now and then *cough*. Well, replace now and then with every and day. No, I keed, I keed. I probably pop a few brews once during the week - usually while playing some online poker - and once or twice on the weekend depending on the activity at hand.

I know I'm not alone when I say sometimes the next morning is not exactly pretty. Take this morning as an example. I only had a six pack while playing The Mookie and other various pokery action, but I still felt fugly this morning for some reason. Side note, I made sure to drink 6 beers in honor of Mook's great news. Congrats yo and excellent banner.

As for the fuglyness, enter my Hangover Helper...

Alka-Seltzer Morning Relief AND Raspberry Emergen-C:



I'm not kidding when I say that combo absolutely kicks ask. Just get a small cup and drop the 2 Alka-Seltzer tablets in, then pour the Emergen-C powder in and add about 8 ounces of water. Give it a couple of minutes for the two powers to converge and then it's go time Jerry!

It takes virtually no time to start feeling better.

I should note, I take the Emergen-C packet everyday, regardless of hangover issues. I only include the Alka-Seltzer after a particularly rough night of drankin'. The Emergen-C is fortified with all kinds of good sheet, not the least of which is the 1000mg of Vitamin C!

So there's that.



I hope you all enjoyed my previous post, Poker Data Mining Collapse Leaves Little Hope For Thirteen. I do love The Onion and whenever I get some motivation, I try and toss out a tarded post in their honor. I actually got the idea for that post from one of their recent video podcasts.

If you've missed any of my old, "If I worked for The Onion" pieces, here are a couple of them in case you are bored with nothing else to do...

* Phil Hellmuth, Jr. Take Monumental Dump En Route To Just Another WSOP Tournament Win

* Blogger Founder Confirms Blogs Are Indeed Gay

* The Truth About Lance Ass




I occasionally here some moaning and groaning about the difficulties of getting money onto online poker sites and, I gotta tell ya, it's just too easy. I had been meaning to add some money to BoDog in order to play in their weekly blogger tournament hosted by none other than schmokkee, but just hadn't gotten around to it. Finally on Tuesday I decided to try and toss $50 on there, my first deposit onto a poker site in ages, and it took me all of 1 minute. I was able to make the transfer from my bank debit card lickety split. Take that UIGEA. I have a bank account solely for pokery transactions that I keep seperate from the family finances and it was all too easy to make the transfer with no worries.

Granted I think people are less concerned about getting money onto sites as they are the difficulty of getting money OFF of poker sites. I'd be interested to know how difficult it is to get your money from BoDog. In the meantime, I plan to play the blogger tournament at BoDog indefinitely. You should too. Oh, I came in 2nd on Tuesday. I had 1st in my sites, but the heads-up battle versus Ingoal just didn't pan out. All goot.

By the way, the title to this post is the title to one of the songs from God Lives Underwater, one of my favorite bands I mentioned in my Top 25 post.

Until next time, may the felt be with you.

posted by TripJax @ 12:58 PM,

6 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Ingoal said...

Aye! You really had first place in your sites going into the "headsup battle" with a 2.x:1 chiplead...but after I rivered the straight against your aces it was pretty much a done deal...if none of my outs hit there I'm down to 7k and all but out the door...gg and cya soon (friday donkarama?!)...

...btw I'm still waiting on you to tell me what you had on that flush-heavy board (AKxxx with three hearts as far as I remember)...I think I made the laydown to save me from going busto in second right there (I folded AQ)...

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

If I remember correctly, I had AT with no flush possibilities for me. Glad you folded!

Might donk it up on Friday, but since winning the first ever donkarama, that thing has been way -EV for me...we'll see...

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

yo Trip, you can use nucharge to withdraw from Bodog. otherwise, you can request a check which i've heard takes over a month. that's why i setup an acct at nucharge.com

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Thanks schmokkee...i will look into nucharge...

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

I am amazed at how hard it is to get money off the poker sites. These guys should be kissing our asses for continuing to play in the face of the legal issues. The sites can't control the difficulties of making deposits, but they sure can make it easier to withdraw funds. My FullTilt balance is much hugher than I will ever need it to be, so I requested $1,000 by check. The policy is 24-48 hours to proccess the request, and 15 business days to process the check. WTF is that. We mail check requests in less than 48 hours on my site, and they are a million times bigger and more capitalized. Why the fuck should it take that long. It is just horrible customer service. They have not asked me to jump through hoops yet, but I will be pissed if they do. I am asking for a check to the name and address on my account that has been there for 4 years. What the fuck do they need to verify?

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Emergen-C rawks! Side note, I just tried out ePassporte to make a deposit at Tilt. Beyond the abnormally long period to wait for the initial draw from my bank, it seemed to go off without a hitch. I suppose to avoid the hassle of getting my money out of the site, I can just continue to donk it off! GL with BoDog and let us know how NuCharge works out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home